Yin Yoga - Skeletal Variations Workshop - Flying Masters, Melbourne (in English)
Following international yoga teacher (and fellow Paul Grilley student) Bernie Clark’s long awaited and hotly discussed book “Your Body, Your Yoga”, yoga students and teachers around the world are recognising the limitations (and potential harm) of the “one alignment for all” rule book.
We will discuss skeletal variation, see for ourselves just how different our bone structures really are and in doing so, discover the shortfall of classic alignment rules. When we understand the importance of respecting our own unique bone structure, we can determine our own individual alignment and consequently discover our own very unique yoga asana practice – maximising the benefits and minimising the risk of injury.
- Skeletal variation
- Compression and tension
- Analysis of a yoga pose
Skeletal variation tests and practical consequences for yang yoga asanas and assists – such as lotus, shoulder stand, pigeon, down dog, warrior, etc.
We will analyse the following asanas in detail:
- Lotus position – external rotation of the hip joint
- Reclining hero – internal rotation of the hip joint
- Shoulder Stand – neck, shoulder, collarbone and shoulder blade
We will discuss the following issues:
- What restrictions does my individual bone structure impose on me?
- How different is it from other people’s bone structure?
- Will I or my students ever manage to get into the lotus position or achieve a “perfect” pigeon, etc?
- Where are the areas of compression and tension within my individual bone structure? How do I deal with it?
- How can I stretch and stimulate the tissues, when compression is constricting me?
- What is the physical function of a yoga pose?
The hours from this workshop can be used towards Continuing Education with Yoga Alliance for registered teachers.
One workshop AU$108
Both workshops AU$200
(Yin Yoga - Skeletal Variations & The Rebound Workshops)
Saturday 19 January 2019 12.30pm - 4.30pm
(Sunday 20 January 2019 4.45pm - 5.15pm RYT200 Yin Yoga & Anatomy Teacher Training - Free Info Talk)
Skintopia Yoga and Wellness Sanctuary
Suite 11 Acacia Place
677 Victoria St
For more information and bookings, please visit Flying Masters